Are you looking for a perfect Christmas recipe that doesn’t demand much of your time and efforts?
Then try out chicken stew recipe using an instant pot. It is super easy to make and requires minimum effort. You are sure to have great fun while preparing when compared to the traditional pressure cookers. Instants pots have replaced the other utensils, as they are user-friendly and safe.
The following ingredients are used for the preparation of chicken stew recipe:
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2-3 cloves
- 6-7 garlic cloves, it should be peeled and minced.
- 2 medium-sized onions, it should be peeled and sliced.
- 1 cup chopped spring onions (both whites and greens)
- 2 cups chicken stock
Ingredients for the Marinade
- 2 tablespoons fresh hung curd or plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves or chopped celery
- 1 – ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1- ½ dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt and white pepper as per taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for cooking
- 4 whole chicken legs, cut into thighs and drumsticks
Preparation of Marinade
- Take a large bowl and add the following items- hung curd(yogurt), chopped sun-dried tomatoes, chopped coriander, balsamic vinegar, parsley, rosemary, oregano and chili flakes. Mix them well.
- Now add various spices such as pepper, turmeric, salt and few drops of olive oil. Also, add chicken pieces and mix them well.
- Refrigerate the chicken for a couple of hours to marinate.
Preparation of Stew
- After refrigerating, take the chicken out for a couple of hours.
- Heat some olive oil in a pressure cooker under the medium flame and add bay leaf, cloves, and peppercorns after some time when the cooker is hot.
- After they start tampering, add minced garlic, onions, and spring onions and fry them for a while.
- Add the marinated chicken, mix it and fry it for 5-10 minutes. It’s now time to add chicken stock and some salt and pepper as per taste.
- Close the lid and put the pressure cooker under high pressure for 10-15 minutes. After some time reduce the pressure and continue to cook the chicken for another good 15-20 minutes.
- Put off the flame and let the pressure release by itself.
- The chicken is cooked. Open the lid and take out the chicken pieces. Let it cool for a while and then shred them using forks.
- The final step is to add the shredded chicken back into the stew and stir it.
Your delicious chicken stew is ready to serve. Fashion your dish to give a personal touch to it and serve it hot. Instant pots have made cooking quite easy and fascinating. It has completely altered the traditional methods of cooking without changing the results.