Exercise is crucial to a healthy and fit body. Amongst the wealth of options, most people prefer cycling indoors as well as outdoors to keep their bodies toned and fit. And for good reason too.
The cycling family enjoys a plethora of advantages that other workouts don’t offer:
1. Cycling helps to lose weight: Cycling enables you to make use of each body part and lose weight by burning calories like nothing else. It is said that cycling can burn up to a thousand calories per hour, which is higher than any other form of exercise. It depends on the intensity of the workout and the weight of the rider. The intensity of the exercise can be controlled when one use spin bikes as the resistance and the speed are adjustable.
2. It builds muscles: Even though cycling burns off the fats, it also works on building the muscles when coupled with proper diet. Those who cycle on a regular basis can easily notice the toned arms, core, legs, and back. Cycling strengthens the hamstrings, quads, and calves. Muscles are leaner than fat and those who have more muscles in their body can burn the fats off more easily. This also depends on the resistance element of biking, which is adjustable to your comfort level in spin bikes. It also allows you to work at varied speeds and resistance to develop the various body parts as you want.
3. Increases appetite: Eating more doesn’t mean increased weight unless it’s the healthier muscle weight. Cycling increases your appetite like any other exercise and if you eat healthy, adding a guilt-free second breakfast won’t hurt. In fact, this is your opportunity to add up the proteins and be more productive throughout the day with a full stomach.
4. Cardio: Spin biking strengthens the heart and lungs, increasing oxygenation as well as blood circulation. Heart health is often overlooked or taken for granted by most people. Taking a spin class would reduce fatigue for those who are new to using spin bikes. The exercise helps to reduce bad cholesterol as well as strengthening the lung pumping capacity.
5. Low impact: The best part about cycling is that there is absolutely no pressure on joints, which is not the case with high impact exercises such as running. This is perfect for all age groups and people who can’t do the high impact cardiovascular exercises can still use the spin bike to strengthen their muscles. Spin bikes also develop the speed of the user and with regular practice; it becomes easier to maintain a steady and normal speed.
Spin bikes are a great alternative to outdoor biking, which is not recommended for everyone. Avail these advantages and more by looking into these amazing tools for a fit body now.